The Drug Enforcement Administration and Major League Baseball are investigating Anthony Bosch, who is an adviser to New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, for possibly being linked to performance-enhancing drugs, reports the New York Daily News.
Bosch, who lives in the Miami area, an area very familiar to A-Rod, is a well-known figure among Latin ballplayers in South Florida. Sources say Bosch has advised Rodriguez on nutrition, dietary supplements, and training methods.
This is not the first time Bosch and his father, Pedro Bosch, have made headlines. In 2009, the father and son were involved in an investigation after being linked to former All-Star Manny Ramirez, who was suspended 50 games for failing a drug test.
Coming off hip surgery that could leave him sidelined until the All-Star break in a best-case scenario, having his name involved in a drug investigation is the last thing Rodriguez wants at this point. However, this is not the first the veteran third baseman has been linked to an investigation.
An investigation was launched surrounding Canadian doctor Anthony Galea, who had treated A-Rod prior, in 2009 after Galea was stopped while crossing the border with HGH among other drugs and substances in his vehicle. Rodriguez soon cut all ties he once had with Galea.
After admitting his use of performance-enhacing drugs during the 2001-2003 seasons, Rodriguez has managed to stay clean and has not failed any drug tests.
At 37 years old, A-Rod and his 647 career home runs sit just 53 homers away from reaching the 700 milestone.
- Like Yankees 101 on Facebook and follow Yankees 101 on Twitter.
- Alex Rodriguez Schedules Hip Surgery for January 16; Dr. Bryan Kelly Hopes for All-Star Break Return
- Alex Rodriguez Scheduled for Hip Surgery Today; New York Yankees Expect Mid-Season Return
- Alex Rodriguez Will Need Hip Surgery; New York Yankees Hope He’s Back by June
- A Fresh Start and New Level of Importance for Kevin Youkilis with Alex Rodriguez Out for Extended Period of Time
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/p8m